After trying Bluebird Cakery at Eat Vancouver Festival, I was on the dessert hunt for their Salted Caramel Cake in a Jar. I wasn’t too sure how to get to the actual cakery so I made a stop to Urban Fare at the bakery section. One jar of cake is around CAD6 so it was a treat to myself to kick off my weekend. Another pro is that I get to keep the glass jar! Like I have described previously, the cake was an upward swirl of cream, cookie, salted caramel and chocolate cake.
Salted Caramel Cake in a Jar
- Fudgelicious, moist and extremely chocolately cake
- I put the cake in the fridge in case it would melt and I liked it cold rather than room temperature.
- The cookie crunch in the cake gave it an interesting and better texture instead of just cream and cake.
- It took me at least three days to finish this. Don’t judge it by its size, it’s a hefty sweet and thick load of cake. I could probably finish this if I was upset or binge eating, but it was impossible for me to finish this as one dessert in one night.
- The only small complaint I would have is to add more caramel! I mostly tasted cream, cake and cookie, so if I could taste more of the caramel, I’m pretty sure it would be heavenly.