Hi guys! Many of you know that even when I do go out to eat a lot, I also like to stay at home to cook and make my own food. Today I’m going to teach you guys and girls how to make a drink that is good for your blood flow. My grandma always made this for me whenever I am back home in Hong Kong, and usually after my period. Girls, this is the drink to drink after your period. However, I also make this drink whenever I want something healthy, sweet and warm to drink on a stressful day.
Jujube Juice Benefits
- Jujubes have tons of vitamins and nutrients. Also acts as a natural antioxidant.
- It has a calming effect, I drink it while I study or before I sleep.
- It helps maintain a healthy blood flow, skin, strong bones, body enzymes, and muscles.
What You Need (ingredients depend on how much you want to drink, less jujubes = less taste, more water = more diluted, more sugar = the sweeter = not as healthy)
- 8 – 10 dried jujubes (de-seeded)
- Half a bar of dried brown sugar. (I usually can’t break them into more than 2, so I just dump half in. Of course, less sugar the better)
- Half a pot of water, depending on how much you want to drink, I usually go with this amount.
The bar of brown sugar in the picture was too much, so I ended up adding more water and more jujubes.
- Boil the water at medium
- Clean the brown sugar and jujubes. I usually just run it through water.
- Throw in the jujubes and brown sugar into the pot, and turn the heat down to low (3-4).
- Boil for about 8-10 minutes, with lid. The longer you boil it, the more tasty the drink is.
Now, drink it while it’s hot and curl up in the sofa with a book.